Bleach Shattered Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bleach Shattered Souls

a bleach rp site that focuses on the arrancar's victory over the shinigami and its aftermath.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death.

Go down 
+4
Sin
Armond
Kaiser William Siegfried
Shorin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Shorin

Shorin

Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death. Empty
PostSubject: Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death.   Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death. I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 4:24 am

What I have come to notice on other rp sites is that a lot of people take their frustrations out on each other in practice fights because they are too concerned about actually dying in the rp. I'm not suggesting that the same sort of thing happens here but it is a looming concern in the back of everyone's mind none the less. So, I figured I would make a suggestion about a possible alternative as oppose to either life or death in any rp battle.

My suggestion is that we give fights two distinct levels of classification, Classification A and Classification B.
*Fight classification levels can be added to the title/description of the rp thread so that everyone is clear of the terms before Rp'ing.*

Classification A terms of battle would include:
- Life or death battle unless spared by enemy or saved in some other logical fashion {Example: By another character.}
- Possible loss of Limbs or other irreversible ailments.

Classification B terms of battle would include.:
- A casual yet serious fight with an agreement of no fatalities in battle.
- No extreme injuries such as loss of limbs and all severe ailments (if any at all) from enemy attacks and or abilities will not plague your character outside of the given battle/Rp, unless of course you want them to for whatever IC reason.

-Class A fights I think should be mainly reserved for epic events in the rp like wars and invasions, that way if someones character does die it was for a real Rp plot purpose and not just for the sake of a fight because their character was angry that day.

-Class B fights I think should encompass all various other spars ,fights, trainings and battles that happen along the way and in between major/epic events.

I feel that with a clear ooc classification of battle it will encourage people to engage in rp fights as oppose to people running to the practice fields every time they want to have a fun and safe fight. Also, this way when good fights do happen they can be part of real events in the rp and not a chance encounter in an ooc fight that will never be truly noted outside of the chat box.

Now I know that battles are suppose to be gung ho and balls to the wall like in the bleach series where someone always has to die for a conflict battle to end. However for the sake of overall rp progression I feel it would be good to keep characters around so there can be intertwining motives for revenge, rematches and rivalries inside the already established plot of the Rp.

Please respond and tell me what you think of this idea.
Back to top Go down
Kaiser William Siegfried
Kaiser William Siegfried

Stats
race: Shinigami

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death.   Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death. I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 4:34 am

I do rather like this idea you have here, but we'll have to wait and see what the other admins think.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bleachss.darkbb.com
Armond
Admin
Armond

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death.   Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death. I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:40 pm

I understand what you're saying but I personally don't agree. Fights IC are usually preplaned OOC, or talked about IC. Example: Armond and Gemini fought, and it was clear that it was just a test. Fighting against another race ( 9 times outta 10 ) are going to be life or death. In any battle, loss of limbs is an option. If said character is clumsy or not paying attention, or weak and the incoming attack is strong, a limb could be lost. It would be severely limiting to fights if we had limitations to what one can do in a fight. If people don't want to die, then avoid major battles, or ask someone from your race to help train you.

If people would really wish to keep their characters around for the sake of rivalries and continuing to play them, we could always look into a recycle system so that characters can just be reborn into a new race.
Back to top Go down
Sin
Admin
Sin

Stats
race: Arrancar

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death.   Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death. I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:41 pm

I personally agree. members can add the classification in the topics description so everyone will know and I can add this to the numerous fight topics I have lined up with the plot. some will be class B whereas other would be class A, thus letting members know the seriousness of the topic. to armond, i understand what your saying but if its required of them to post a classification BEFORE the fight then all the loss of limbs stuff can be avoided and there won't be any arguments because of the outcome. If they know its a type A fight and participate we can simple tell them "tough luck, you know what you were getting yourself into" .good idea Shorin.

Last edited by Sin on Fri May 21, 2010 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://bleachss.darkbb.com
Chevalier

Chevalier

Stats

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death.   Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death. I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 2:11 pm

I gotta say, I like this idea too... it allows for the possibility of meaningful fights outside of the practice arena (aka as a part of a character's plot line) yet provides a meaningful safety net should one of the players either not be willing to discuss certain aspects of the fight before hand or just takes things too far for one reason or another.
Back to top Go down
Sin
Admin
Sin

Stats

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death.   Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death. I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 2:17 pm

i updated my post to reflect armonds answer
Back to top Go down
Tsuna-fish

Tsuna-fish

Stats

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death.   Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death. I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 2:39 pm

Honestly i don't agree with this the way it is set up limits certain things think about it like this.

Say my character is a violent sociopath or psychopath etc etc if i enter a fight most of the time i will kill the opponent which means i cant enter a B class fight limiting what i can and cant do as where if there was no classes i would have killed said person in the B class fight.

I mean the way this is set up it means every time you KNOW you aren't going to die even if you lose or you will die if you do lose which also drastically changes the way some people would RP.

If one knows they won't die it is possible they won't try their hardest but if they don't know if they will die or not it may behoove them to actually try their hardest just in case the other person will kill them at the end i think it takes alot of the surprise out of it and if your willing to enter a fight in my opinion you should be willing to take whatever comes at you because you chose to join a topic with a fight death or not death you entered of your own free will knowing it would be a fight.
Back to top Go down
Marin

Marin

Stats

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death.   Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death. I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 3:15 pm

Can't this be remedied by making a "C" Class where the outcome is going to be an unknown?
Back to top Go down
Armond
Admin
Armond

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death.   Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death. I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 3:30 pm

Agreed Tsuna.

If it isn't a serious fight, no chance of your character dying, then why bother trying? And a "C" class would be what we have now, Marin. Where it's just give it your all, and suck it up if you die. I don't wanna lose Armond, but if I did I'm not gonna bitch about it. If a person loses their character, oh well. They cannot avoid an "A" class fight forever, just like they cannot avoid a serious fight right now. And the difference between a serious fight and a fake fight is usually clear beforehand. I don't think we should baby people just to comfort them. Just get the hell over it and move on with your life. Make a new character and get revenge. There are a lot of benefits to having this, and I'm not trying to put this down. I like the thought, but I don't like that it's so limiting.
Back to top Go down
Marin

Marin

Stats

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death.   Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death. I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 3:53 pm

We do seem to naturally gravitate towards making the A\B decision on our own. IE Me and Tatsu discussing if the potentially upcoming rooftop fight was going to be staged or not. (Ans: Staged)

If this comes down to a vote vs a arbitrary decision I'll make a firm vote then. I personally don't want to lose anyone over this, but I realize not everyone can be satisfied. Currently I'm in the gray with a lean towards class, but again ref. L1 Para 2.
Back to top Go down
Shorin

Shorin

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death.   Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death. I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 5:44 pm

Wow, I'm actually surprised that just about everyone responded to this. I appreciate and accept all of your feedback whether you were for or against it. However, I would like to definitively state that the object of this is not to baby, limit or reduce incentive for people to Rp seriously. I understand and respect that people may have personalities that may drive them to kill just because and that the element of a fight in the bleach world comes standard with any all types of risks for its participants but my suggestion is focused on the reality of actual people available to rp. The site, as It seems, does not have a large enough community yet where characters can die off and be replaced seamlessly. I am not opposed to character rebirth but if one were to want revenge for a past character it would be mainly for ooc reasons as oppose to genuine IC reasons. My main basis for all of this is to transform death from a free rampant danger to a respected delicacy that is not meant to baby or limit anyone but to be kept in the best interest of the growing community of this forum. I feel this will give the plot a chance to evolve with everyone’s characters as oppose to periodically altering with replacement ones.

Overall my suggestion is a suggestion, if the majority of you all like it then you may tweak at it so that it works best for the sites standards, its not set in stone. If people prefer to play the way things are now they can, if people want to use the classification system then they can do that if they please. I do not feel that conditions of battle will deter people from taking non fatal battles seriously because if we are all honest with ourselves no one wants to loose regardless of the stakes. If this were untrue we would not have the people who shunpo/sonido away from every attack in the ooc practice battles. Fatal battles will occur, I am not trying to promote avoiding them because they are at the end of the day a natural part of the bleach universe. But just for the reality of the forum community I am merely suggesting death be treated as a delicacy for everyone’s benefit.

This has been a fruitful discussion and I learned a lot, I thank everyone again for giving their feedback. If this is to go any further I believe a vote should be in order whether by everyone or amongst the executives of the site. I don’t think I have any authority to organize a vote so I will leave that up to the mods and admins. Again, thank you all for taking the time to reply to this. It is appreciated more than you know.
Back to top Go down
Armond
Admin
Armond

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death.   Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death. I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 5:47 pm

My lust for debate forces me to comment...

OOC revenge will always be around. Kill a character, the person will want revenge, regardless of this system or another. Just throwing that out there cause my debate OCD forces me too @_@
Back to top Go down
Shorin

Shorin

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death.   Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death. I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 5:50 pm

That is true but that doesn't make it appropriate for IC behavior. I just wanted to sound as "politically correct" as possible ^^.
Back to top Go down
Armond
Admin
Armond

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death.   Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death. I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 5:55 pm

Haha. That's understandable.
Back to top Go down
Shorin

Shorin

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death.   Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death. I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:42 am

Any verdict on this yet?
Back to top Go down
Sin
Admin
Sin

Stats

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death.   Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death. I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 1:40 am

i say lets do it, I mean there is always gunna be SOMEONE who bitchs, but if it benefits the majority then im all for it. anyone agree?
Back to top Go down
Shorin

Shorin

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death.   Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death. I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 1:43 am

I agree obviously lol.^^
Back to top Go down
Tsuna-fish

Tsuna-fish

Stats

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death.   Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death. I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 1:45 am

honestly i don't but if majority wants this change i have no complaints.
Back to top Go down
Armond
Admin
Armond

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death.   Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death. I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 2:03 pm

Still saying no. There are enough bitchers and whiners would there as is, why give them another reason to bitch? Limiting to character's personalities. And it raises more problems than it solves.

Sorry, can't go with this.
Back to top Go down
Chevalier

Chevalier

Stats

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death.   Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death. I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 3:19 pm

I'd say try it, if only on a trial basis. If it doesn't work out then oh well, sometimes ideas look better on paper anyway.
Back to top Go down
Kaiser William Siegfried
Kaiser William Siegfried

Stats

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death.   Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death. I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 10:09 pm

I have to agree with Chev on this one, since he brings up a good point.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bleachss.darkbb.com
Hiato

Hiato

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death.   Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death. I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 4:27 pm

I like it but i agree with Chev we should see where it leads
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death.   Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestion Regarding Character Rp Death.
Page 1 of 1